Chris Weitz Says Taylor Lautner 'Embodied' Jacob

Chris Weitz talks to MTV about New Moon. MTV: In last year's "Twilight" movie, Stephenie Meyer had a cameo that the fans really loved. Will we see her in "New Moon"? Weitz: You have to look very carefully for it. No, she doesn't actually. If she had asked, I would have definitely put her in. But I think that she may have decided against experiencing that again, because frankly, to be an extra in a movie or a day player is a lot of sitting around. People don't realize the sheer tedium that a movie set embodies; she was probably like, "Well, I'll sit this one out." MTV: We all remember that there was a lot of drama around whether Taylor would return for "New Moon." How close did he come to not being asked back? Weitz: When I first met with him, I took off my shirt and I said, "You've got two months to look this good." And he said, "I'm willing to try that." Finally, he came back, and the results were just about as good as my abs. [Laughs.] He also talks on Dakota Fanning's performance. MTV: What can you tell us about Dakota Fanning's performance as the evil vampire Jane? Weitz: Well, it's the scariest performance probably you've seen out of her so far, because she's evil for once in her career. I think she really appreciated the chance to do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Reaser in 'The Haunting of Hill House'

Twilight stars: Most Wanted, Most Beautiful, and Most Desirable

The Daily Beast Interviews Catherine Hardwicke