David Slade Explains "Twilight" Comments

The other day I posted about Eclipse director David Slade attacking Twilight. Well, he wrote to Twilight Lex to explain.
“Dear Laura and Lori
I would be grateful if you could distribute this statement to the fans of Twilight:I would like to address some statements that I made regarding Twilight.
When I made these comments, I had neither seen the film nor read the books. I was promoting a comedy short film that I had made for Xbox and every pop culture subject was seen as a possible comedy target. I was being silly and none of the statements were from the heart.
Of course, I have since seen the movie and read the books and was quickly consumed with the rich storytelling and the beautifully honest characters that Stephenie Meyer created.
I would like to reassure everyone involved that I am invested in making the best film that I am humanly capable of, and that I am acutely aware of the power of the original books we serve.
Please be rest assured this statement is absolutely from the heart.
yours sincerely
DAVID SLADE”

Comments

  1. go twilighters!! let 'em know that we want serious directors, actors, actresses and so on.... *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Reaser in 'The Haunting of Hill House'

Twilight stars: Most Wanted, Most Beautiful, and Most Desirable

The Daily Beast Interviews Catherine Hardwicke