New Vampire Character Poster, featuring Peter.

Here's a new vampire character poster featuring Peter (Erik Odom). I think he's a nomad, seeing as how the coven posters are already released.

There's also an interview with Erik.


Peter, the vampire who was spared by his best friend Jasper Hale during the vicious Southern Wars, wanders the continent with his mate Charlotte and descends upon Forks, Washington in the Cullen family’s time of need. In Breaking Dawn - Part 2 Bella notes, “The nomads Rosalie and Emmett sent were even more unpredictable -- especially Peter, who had fought alongside Jasper as a newborn.” You’ll see him next in Rogue Machine Theater's A Bright New Boise, which kicks off next weekend in Los Angeles!

Q: When you walked into Comic-Con [at the end of the Breaking Dawn – Part 2 cast panel], you got some of the biggest shouts out of all the newcomers. How did that feel?

Erik: It was unbelievable. The only thing I could say it compared to was the Part 1 premiere when I walked down the red carpet. It’s just, you try to prepare yourself for it as much as you can, you know maybe the response will be big but maybe it won’t, you try to be ready for everything … but when it hits you, your knees buckle. I mean my knees buckled. It’s one of the craziest, craziest things. But the fanbase has always been so enthusiastic, so passionate. And I think part of it has always been a combination of people loving the character Peter and just also being on Twitter and being on Facebook and having fans reach out, just trying to interact as much as possible and including the fans as much as you can, you know. Because the fans are what make the fandom what it is.

Q: People love Peter, but they also love Peter with Charlotte. Their relationship’s really special, and I know that that’s something we hope to see on-screen, and I was wondering how far in advance did you meet Valorie [Curry], and you know make it into a rhythm with her and feel like you could portray that on-screen?

Erik: What was great about Valorie, even more so than a lot of the other vampires who I met once we went to Louisiana together, I actually – I didn’t know her personally, but we had a lot of mutual friends in Los Angeles – so through the small world of Facebook, we were able to link up after the whole casting announcement came up, and we actually grabbed lunch before we even started filming, before we left. So, we went to a place in L.A., sat down for about two hours, and after the initial twenty minutes of ‘Oh my God, I can’t believe I’m a part of this; Oh my God I can’t believe I’m a part of this!’ After twenty minutes of us geeking out together about how cool it was, we really dug in and talked about Peter and Charlotte’s relationship and their relationship to the other vampires. You know, because the covens are such an interesting thing, they call the nomads a coven but really it’s Peter and Charlotte versus the world. You know, so we talked about really diving into the relationship, back to Maria [in Eclipse] and back to the newborn army and their relationship with Alice and Jasper, and it was just nice that by the time we got to Louisiana together, we already had the seeds of this relationship planted, you know? It was really nice. I love Valorie.

Q: How much of that backstory do you think will make it onto the film?

Erik: That’s tough because there’s … we shot a lot of stuff, and you just don’t know how much will make it into the movie because there’s so many vampires that are in there. So, you take what you can from the script, and you take what you can from Stephenie [Meyer]’s universe and what’s in the book, and you try to fill up your piece and your moments on-screen as much as you can. So, I’m not sure exactly how much’ll actually end up in the film, but Val and I really worked to get across as much as we could in the limited time that we had.

Q: Did you get to talk to Stephenie about the backstory of Peter too?

Erik: Yeah, well what’s great is Stephenie’s a producer on the film, so she was on set every day, and she was insanely busy so I picked my spots with her. There were a couple of times, you know, especially at the beginning where if I saw an opportunity to go over and have a word with her just shortly I would. We would talk a little bit about it, just to fill in the blanks, because Peter he’s a big character in the book … So, it’s just kind of trying to fill in those blanks and also I had read Midnight Sun before we started filming and wanted to connect Midnight Sun over to the main four books and create this cohesive character, you know, that is linked together and is consistent with what she intended when she wrote Peter.

Q: Do you think you felt more pressure for getting Peter right for the fans because he is such a popular character than some of the other castmembers that might not have a character that is so well-loved? There’s so much fanfiction for Peter and Charlotte. The fanbase is so big for Peter and Charlotte.

Erik: Yeah, well I think it’s an interesting thing. I don’t know that ‘pressure’ is necessarily the right word, because pressure has somewhat of a negative connotation to it. I think more of a responsibility to the fans because of the expectations that they have for the character. And responsibility is more like opportunity, so you embrace it and really, you do your due diligence, you do your character work, you try to integrate parts of yourself and make it your own, and hopefully you make something that is true to what the fans want. So, there was a lot of going back through and just making sure that all the research was there. And then also, a big thing for me and what I found most interesting about the character was his relationship to Jasper, which is such a big thing, so going back over and watching the films over again and watching what Jackson [Rathbone] did with the character. You know, the thing about Jasper is he had the military thing, you know, very proper posture and always shoulders pulled back, very official, and what’s interesting is knowing he and Peter were best friends and then they split off when Peter and Charlotte got away … so what I thought about was what has Peter gone through since they split. You know, he was Jasper’s right hand man, and then once he went off on his own what did living off the land and being a nomad, how did that change him? So, I wanted to try and find ways to make him connected to Jasper while also showing the change that has occurred since they’ve been apart from each other. So, it was a fun thing to explore, I hope it resonates with the fans. I hope they’re able to pick up on what I was trying to do there. I think it is interesting with the character.

Full interview at Twilight Examiner.

via TwilightGuide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Reaser in 'The Haunting of Hill House'

Twilight stars: Most Wanted, Most Beautiful, and Most Desirable

The Daily Beast Interviews Catherine Hardwicke