Eclipse set updates

More set details from MM!!
I went by this set the other day and got some great shots of it being built. It is always awesome to see preparation of sets....you can get closer and see more than during a live set filming.
It looks just like the police station from the first Twilight Movie and was completely designed (inside and out) to be an exact replica. While the cement-looking portions are actually plywood painted with a thin layer of liquid concrete to give the illusion of being actual cement. Neat eh?
With "Edward" "Bella" and "Charlie" on set - what scenes do you think they were filming? There was some interior shots, some exterior shots and of course "Edward" and "Bella" driving up in the volvo.
Today (Sept 23)
I went by the set and was lucky enough to walk by when they were rehersing Edward and Bella on the front porch/entry to the Police Station. I saw Robert & Kristen and a guy I didn't recognize (crew maybe? not sure) I didn't take photos because I didn't want to be intrusive....
I felt the less intrusive I was the longer I'd be allowed to stick around... and I was right. I stood by the set for a few minutes and I spoke with some of the P.A's who seemed to be enjoying the sun more than the crew who had been anxiously trying to move giant screens and equipment to block the sun... Edward can't be in the sun... though one would assume post-production could fix this for the most part... I guess not?
Then I was told that they were clearing the street (they have permits so they can close the street at short intervals for filming)so I stood down the street a bit and took a few photos of the vehicles on set.
After i went by the circus since it was almost time for their lunch break and sure enough David Slade, Billy Burke, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart all drove by for lunch.
It was funny because he drove by then left then came back again 5 minutes later... I joked he maybe "forgot something at set" but - wouldn't he have "people" to go get it for him? who knows! I was thankful to see him drive by twice ;)
Kristen Stewart also came by for her lunch break but I didn't get a good look at her. Billy Burke also came by in a van sitting in the front seat with the windows open. I didn't expect him and I didn't get a photo, however, fans across the street waved to him and he smiled and waved back. He was in complete uniform... how cool!
After that I felt like I had had enough... School would be out soon and since the set was located so close to 4 different schools, I knew the crowds would get bigger and didn't feel like waiting around for that.
Fans who stayed could (from certain vantage points) see Rob & Kristen driving into the parking lot repeatedly as part of the scene shot.
It was awesome to see Rob, Kristen, Billy and David everytime i go to a set a get a little bit more excited for Twilight Saga Eclipse.... and of course New Moon which has to come first....
Additional reports: Twilight Gossip, Vancouver Sun
via MM, TA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Reaser in 'The Haunting of Hill House'

Twilight stars: Most Wanted, Most Beautiful, and Most Desirable

The Daily Beast Interviews Catherine Hardwicke